As part of the National Curriculum, learning a language has become a requirement for children in KS2.
A high-quality languages education should foster pupils’ curiosity and deepen their understanding of the world.
It is widely believed that the early acquisition of a foreign language facilitates the learning of additional languages later in life.
At Whetstone Field our aims are:
• to develop pupils’ curiosity about languages
• to introduce them to another language in a way that is enjoyable and fun
• to make children aware of how language structures differ
• to express themselves in speech and writing
• to develop awareness of cultural differences in other countries
• to lay the foundations for future study
Please see the links below to our French Policy and Overview of the curriculum: