To see what we are doing each day in Year 6, please visit us on Twitter:
Class Information Year 6
- Class Teacher – Miss Dixon
- Higher Level Teaching Assistant - Mrs Sullivan
- 1:1 Teaching Assistant – Mrs Steventon
- We encourage children to use the methods that they are taught in previous classes . Standard written methods are consolidated.
- Children should now be able to recall quickly any times table fact. Accuracy and speed of times tables are extremely important and should be revised as often as possible. Times tables knowledge in important in underpinning all aspects of mathematical knowledge needed in this class.
- The children are asked to comment on their learning twice a week, stating how they found the lesson and what they would like more help with.
- Children write a ‘Big Write’ once a week and are given at three or four targets to work on
- Spelling lesson once a week
- Comprehension lesson once a week
- A lesson dedicated to one particular Literacy-based skill once a week
- Children should always have a reading book in school. They read for at least 20 minutes a day (a mixture of silent reading and reading aloud to someone). We encourage children to use expression and ensure they understand what they are reading. They should attempt to use a dictionary to find out the meaning of unknown words
- Homework is given out on a Friday and is due back in the following week.
- Homework consists of either a written Maths or Literacy task. Education City homework is also set.