Please visit us on Twitter:
Teacher: Miss Fatima
TA: Mrs Houghton
SEN TA: Mrs O’Mahony and Mrs Wyatt
- PE will be taught every Tuesday and Friday. Please ensure that your child:
- Has both an indoor and outdoor PE kit, in school, at all times
- Has both pumps and trainers
- Has names on all clothing
- All children require a named painting apron/shirt which will remain at school at all times
- The school have invested in water bottles for the children. These will remain in school and will be washed and refilled each day. Children do not need to bring in a water bottle for classroom use. However, you can still send in a water/juice bottle for lunchtime.
Inhalers and medication
If your child requires an inhaler, please ensure you send it into with an up to date copy of their asthma plan, to remain in school at all times. Please put everything together in a clear box, labelled with a picture of your child and their name.
It is very important that you do not send any medication into school with your child. If your child does require medication please contact the school office to make any necessary arrangements.
Children will have the opportunity to choose a book from the Big Cat Book Scheme each week. I would be very grateful if you could find the time to listen to them read for 10 minutes, at least three times a week. Ask them questions about what they have read, to check their understanding. Please could you make comments in the journal on your child’s reading. Each child will have a set reading day.
A set of spellings will be sent home each Friday and children will need to learn these for the following Friday. Each week, children will learn new sounds and the spellings will be based on that learning. Every fourth week, children will be tested on a selection of the previous three weeks spellings. At the start I will send home a list of 5 spellings and I will gradually increase this to 10 words.
Dinners and break times
At break time, children will have the option of fruit or toast. Toast is 20p and the fruit is free. Children can choose what they would like at the start of each day. The dinners are free for KS1 children.