Our Values - Mission and Vision Statements
Our mission statement is 'LOVE LEARNING TOGETHER'.
Who we are:
Whetstone is a one form entry primary school located in Aldridge, Walsall.
It is a school that continually strives to improve provision of all pupils by providing:
- An exciting and lively curriculum
- Positive, proactive ethos where everyone is made to feel valued
- Extended provision for learning outside the classroom
- Dedicated and supportive staff with high expectations centred on the needs of the children
We care about our pupils and want them to feel safe and supported. We take our safeguarding responsibilities very seriously.
What is our purpose?
Whetstone Primary School aims to be a school of excellence where high expectations are integral in everything we do to ensure all children have an opportunity to reach their full potential.
Our aims are to:
- Consistently recognise and reward achievement of all abilities and skill sets.
- Through a culture of excellence, children at Whetstone Field are prepared for life in modern Britain by following a broad curriculum, including learning about British values, equality and diversity, whilst remaining physically and mentally healthy.
- Be responsible, respectful and resilient at school, home and in the local community.
- Prepare pupils to become confident, independent, self-reliant lifelong learners.
- Inspire them to be curious, determined and reflective.
- Experience a rich curriculum with a wide range of opportunities available to all pupils, for example, via the many after school clubs on offer, so that they leave school as well rounded individuals.
This school is a place where the children are happy because everyone feels safe and valued. Diversity is celebrated. In addition there is a culture where our vision is shared by all and the strong leadership, team work and professionalism of the staff make it the first choice school for parents. We love learning together!
On our journey to become the best we can be, many of our ideals set out below are either achieved or well on the way. It is our aim to have achieved them all within the next 3 to 5 years
- Whetstone’s reputation is second to none and is the first choice for families in the local catchment area.
- Safeguarding keeps all children safe.
- The school is a well maintained and welcoming place.
- There is a broad and balanced curriculum that provides opportunities for all children to reach their potential.
- High quality reading skills allow all children to access the curriculum
- Staff and pupil successes are recognised and celebrated regularly.
- Monitoring is used to effectively identify under performance and target interventions.
- Quality training is provided for all staff to support development and raise standards.
- The school actively seeks the views of parents/carers, staff and pupils to inform the decision making of the school.
- Workloads are manageable for all staff
- Leadership and governance will remain strong as a result of successful succession planning
- The budget will be balanced and support the curriculum
- School property will also be maintained to the highest possible level.
- Collaboration with other schools and the wider community will continue to provide opportunities for the school to reflect on and develop further good practice.
- All pupils will have a range of opportunities to develop their understanding of the cultures represented within the UK and across the world.